I watched this meaningful video which basically helped to visualize how much time you have left on this earth. That is where all of us will eventually end up at – so it is useful to think about the end in mind.
Like how “7 Habits of Effective People” always reiterate – See the end in mind. This particular video makes that particularly clear.
- What are you going to do with the remaining time you have left?
- Will it be focused on working hard to just pay the bills?
- Will it be spent ignoring your family members?
- Will it be spent commuting to the office and pleasing people you don’t even like?
I am not here to give judgments. I have no right to judge what is going on in your own personal life.
But what I can share on my personal own experience is that – no employer is worth risking your health. Money can be earned but health once is lost – will be very hard to retrieve.
This is a reminder that our time on this earth is limited.
An old friend once shared with me – “I can’t believe that I am starting to meet my friends when we are only attending a funeral of a mutual friend. What a reminder of our own mortality! We used to meet at weddings and birthdays. Now funerals are getting more common.”
- See the end in mind now – what is your future retirement days are going to look like?
- Will it spent in good health with family and friends?
- Will money become the least of your concerns then?
- Are you spending time travelling around and acquiring rich experiences?
That future is possible. However you need to start planning TODAY. Not next week, not next month.
A headstart will provide you the greatest advantage that will otherwise require a much larger amount of money. Investing at 25 is far easier and cheaper than starting at 35.
Be updated when a new post is published
Subscribe to our mailing list and get a promo code for $30 off on your financial checkup.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.